What is a Expanded Steel Sheet?
Expanded Steel Sheet is also call stretched metal, which is a mesh metal product form by cutting through and stretching incisions form stainless steel sheets through a series of knives. According to its shape and structure, it’s mainly divide into two types: raised expanded metal mesh and flat expanded metal mesh.
Raised expanded metal mesh is a machine-made product in its original shape.
Flattened expanded metal sheet is a product form by flattening the raise expanded metal.
Expanded metal (also called stretch metal or expandable metal) is a versatile product that has countless applications throughout industry. Made from various materials, it is rigid, non-ravel piece of metal that is slit and stretched in the expanding process, making it a greater strength to weight ratio than solid sheet steel. No metal lost during the course of manufacturing.
Expanded metal comes in four basic types: standard expanded metal, flattened expanded metal, decorative expanded metal and expanded metal grating. The versatility of expanded metal makes it ideal for industrial, commercial and domestic applications.
Stainless Steel Expanded Metal Sheet Mesh
Stainless steel expanded metal mesh, also known as expanded metal sheet or metal diamond mesh, it is a metal sheet which is processed with punching, shearing and stretching to form a mesh-like sheet. It is uniformly slit and stretched to diamond-shaped openings (could also be hexagonal) that allow for the passing of air, water, light, heat and sound. The strands and bonds of the openings are set at different angles, which provides added strength to the metal mesh and maintains its aesthetic appearance. Since no material lost in the whole manufacturing process, the expanded metal sheet could your economical and cost-effective option compared to the perforated metal sheet.
As one of the leading expanded metal mesh suppliers, we provide you with trusted, durable, and versatile products. These products available in raise expanded metal mesh, flattened expanded metal sheet, and decorative expanded metal sheet.
Aluminum Expanded Metal Mesh
Aluminum expanded metal is much lighter than stainless steel and carbon steel. It has excellent rust and corrosion resistance, and is suitable for high temperature, salty and other harsh environments. The aluminum mesh panel has the characteristics of bright appearance, economy, and easy to bend or form in any direction.
Hightop manufactures and supplies flat and raised expanded aluminium mesh sheets and panels. The raised type has better slip resistance, and the flattened type has a smooth surface and can be use as a furniture surface. Both can made into different mesh patterns, including diamond, hexagon, and other decorative patterns.
The expanded aluminum sheet can be surface treat with spray-painting to achieve better corrosion resistance, and it has a variety of color options.
- Economic -Aluminum mesh has good corrosion resistance and rust resistance, but it is cheaper than stainless steel mesh and is a more economical choice.
- Lightweight – This is the most important feature of aluminum mesh panels. Lightweight expanded metal sheets are widely use in decorative applications.
- Sturdy -Although the aluminum mesh is light in weight, it still has a strong structure.
- Corrosion and rust resistance.
Application of expanded aluminium mesh
- Expanded aluminium mesh is widely building facades, such as shopping malls, airport passages, theaters, museums, exhibition halls and other architecture. Aluminum mesh is lightweight and has excellent corrosion resistance, making it the most commonly used wall claddings.
- Used for sun shield, ceilings, lighting, etc.
- Safety protection, safety fence
Description of expanded sheet:
- Materials: mild carbon, aluminum, stainless steel,aluminum alloy, copper, brass.
- Opening shapes: rhombus, hexagonal.
- Panel thickness: 0.45 mm – 20 mm
- Panel width : 0.2 m – 1.5 m
- Surface treatment: galvanized, paint, polishing,etc.
- Colors: silver, red, yellow, blue, or request.
- Features: corrosion resistance materials of strong metal panel.
- Easy cut and trimmed.
- No wasted materials,saving energy.
Expanded steel grating produced from light weight aluminum, stainless or carbon steel sheet as well as plate which has no joints or welds, as each sheet is a single item of strong steel. Light-weight as well as economical, expanded steel grating is suitable for use anywhere a strong, resilient light-weight surface required. It is the common item define by designers as well as supervisors for use in:
- Catwalks, ramps, stairs, platforms
- Maintenance platforms
- Elevated sidewalks
- Mezzanines and strong shelving
- Truck-cab safety displays, automobile floor covering and also transport defense
- Ship as well as offshore gear floor covering
- Dividing where high security is very important Safety systems
- Industrial staircases, home window protection and doors